© Tilen Genov, Morigenos
The Joint Bycatch Working Group (JBWG) of ACCOBAMS and ASCOBANS was established in 2019. The first meeting was originally planned for 2020, but due to the ongoing pandemic it was postponed, and will now be held online from 10 to 12 February 2021. Terms of Reference of the working group can be found here.
Deadline for registrations via this online form is 1 February 2021. Kindly note that the meeting link will only be sent to registered participants.
National and regional fisheries representatives and other interested stakeholders are welcome to attend as observers on Day 1 and Day 2.
Meeting documents will be uploaded below as they become available. Provisional schedule:
10 February 10:00-15:00 CET
2. Adoption of the Agenda
3. Overview of the bycatch situation in the ACCOBAMS and ASCOBANS Areas
4. Review of relevant provisions related to bycatch and other relevant regional instruments
5. Review of approaches to bycatch monitoring and mitigation measures
11 February 10:00-16:00 CET
5. Review of approaches to bycatch monitoring and mitigation measures (continued)
6. Summary of lessons learned and recommendations
12 February 10:00-14:00 CET (dedicated to the WG only)
7. Programme of Work of the Joint Bycatch Working Group 2021-2022
9. Close of the meeting
|ACCOBAMS-ASCOBANS/JBWG1/Doc.2b/Rev.1||Provisional Annotated Agenda and Schedule|
|ACCOBAMS-ASCOBANS/JBWG1/Doc.7||Draft Programme of Work 2021-2022 for the JBWG|
|ACCOBAMS-ASCOBANS/JBWG1/Inf.5||What’s in the Net? Using camera technology to monitor, and support mitigation of, wildlife bycatch in fisheries|