|Currently there are no vacancies available|
An internship at the ASCOBANS Secretariat provides a good opportunity to gain experience in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment, as well as in the day-to-day functioning of an Multilateral Environmental Agreement (MEA) Secretariat.
The ASCOBANS Secretariat offers interships to qualified university graduates or students, enrolled in a tertiary course of study, interested in gaining experience in the areas of:
- Environmental and political sciences
- International studies
- Any other area related to the work of the Secretariat
Internship - Areas of Work
Interns are supervised by the ASCOBANS Coordinator, supporting her with particular tasks. Some examples are:
- Assistance with preparations and servicing ASCOBANS meetings or workshops
- Research in preparation for reports, documents or publications
- Assistance with outreach and education, incl. the annual International Day of the Baltic Harbour Porpoise (IDBHP)
- Dealing with website content
- Other support to the day-to-day operations of the Secretariat
Internship – Facts
Depending on places available, the ASCOBANS Secretariat offers internships for a period of 3 – 6 months, beginning at any time. The Secretariat is located at the UN Campus in Bonn, Germany.
Internships are not remunerated – all expenses must be covered by the intern or a sponsoring Government or institution. Written confirmation of enrolment in an appropriate health insurance scheme and in an university must be provided in advance.
Internship – Requirements and Application Procedure
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’ s level or equivalent), or be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent or higher), or have graduated with an university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation
- The working language of the Secretariat is English; full ability to work in English (written and spoken) is required. Knowledge of further languages spoken in the Agreement Area is an asset
- Interns should have standard computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Interns need to agree with the scope of tasks before the start of the internship
For further information contact the ASCOBANS Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org.